Monday, May 3, 2010

Tongues of Light

Once again, I was woken up by a chorus of birds. Luckily, I was actually supposed to be up about that time, so it didn't interrupt my sleep. They have beautiful songs, it's just the singing them at five in the morning that I have a problem with. The silence of spring nights is what I really love. Well, I suppose it isn't silence if I can hear the wind in the new leaves of the trees and the sounds of the river just across the street. I love leaving my windows open at night almost as much as I love sleeping. What I do love more than sleeping is waking up (late, of course) to an open window and refreshing room, plus the sound of some quieter birds. The sun shinning through my brown curtains can sometimes make my bookshelf look like it's on fire and the dancing tongues of light are beautiful to wake up to.

Inspirational quote of the week (since I forgot yesterday):

“See how nature - trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence... We need silence to be able to touch souls.”
-Mother Teresa

(Tell that to the birds!)

No comments:

Post a Comment